Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How Life's Going...

Well checking in, and I have to appologize for all these short posts. I plan on having a longer one here in a few days, but as you can imagine, it's been hecktic with having a "baby" around again. Pippin is doing great! I am really excited because he's becoming pretty active. When I first brought him home he could only crawl around on his tummy, but now he's getting around up on all fours. He's a little shakey and looses his balance if he gets to moving too fast.

Pippin
Sometimes I think I should have named him Pork Chop, because boy, can he eat! Pippin would definatly over-eat every feeding, if I let him. He's doing excellent on the kmr. He's really starting to spend more time awake. I keep him in a pet carrier, since he's so little still, and now he usually screams and sticks his paws out of the bars to let me know that he's up and ready to go.

My daughter is loving him as well. Kylee is 2 and a half, so it has been some work teaching her how to be gental with him, and that she can't freak out when she gets scratched. I feel that it's wonderful for children to be exposed to all sorts of animals, from a very young age. It helps them to grow into adults who respect nature, and to be better adjusted human beings. Some people don't agree with this idea, but hey, everyone is different.

KyleeatErnies

My dog has also adjusted nicely to Pippin. Rylie is a border collie mix, who I fostered, and then adopted from Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, PA. She is about 4 years old now, and is a very laid back, calm dog, who show's no signs of prey drive. She sniffs Pippin when he first comes out of his cage, and then she is no longer interested in the least.

Photobucket
Well that's about all I have for today. Check back in the future, and as time goes on, my posts are sure to get way more interesting! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment